The Philippine Embassy is pleased to announce that it will conduct a mobile registration of overseas voters on 31 October 2015 at the office of the Philippine Consulate in Melbourne, Level 5, Suite 11a, 11 Queens Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004 (entrance is via Queens Lane), beginning at 8:30 AM.
Based on the number of registrations in the I-rehistro system, an online system whereby unregistered overseas Filipinos may fill up or accomplish their application for registration as overseas voters, COMELEC has approved the conduct of the mobile mission in Melbourne.
HOW TO PRE-REGISTER/SECURE AN APPOINTMENT FOR THE MOBILE REGISTRATION THROUGH I-REHISTRO
While the Mission can entertain walk-in applicants, priority will be given to those who have appointments.
The Embassy encourages more prospective registrants in Victoria and nearby areas to fill up their application form as overseas voters through I-rehistro by accessing the system at http://irehistro.comelec.gov.ph/ov/.
- Select type of application from the list;
- Fill up application form;
- Select the preferred appointment date and time for personal appearance at the Embassy for the capturing of your biometrics (photo, thumbprints and signature);
- Submit the form and print. Please do not sign the accomplished/printed form;
- Present the accomplished/printed form and a copy of your passport to the Voter Registration Machine (VRM) Operator of the Embassy on the date and time of appointment.
- Sign the accomplished/printed form in the presence of the COMELEC representative at the Embassy; and
- Submit to biometrics capturing conducted by the VRM Operator.
It is important that applicants provide contact information through I-Rehistro (e-mail address preferred) in the Application Form so the Embassy can send an email confirming receipt and approval of the Application and informing the applicant of the date and time of his appointment.
Applicants are advised to check their Spam folder as the Embassy’s confirmation email has sometimes ended up in the said folder.
If an email appointment has not been received, applicants are requested to call the Embassy to find out when their appointment is.
WHEN TO BE AT THE MOBILE SITE
ePassport Applicants are advised to be at the mobile site 15 minutes prior to their appointment.
WHAT TO BRING AT THE MOBILE SITE
When applicants show up for their appointment, they are to bring:
- photocopy of their Philippine passport, or
- If a dual citizen, copies of their Oath, Certificate of Reacquisition/Retention of Philippine citizenship and Identification Certificate
Further queries on the Embassy’s Mobile Registration for Overseas Voters may be addressed to Mr. Ronaldo Pilapil at Tel. (02) 62732535 or 62732535, Fax No. (02) 62733984 or Email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com.